LAZ Parking – General Manager, Business Intelligence (Hartford, CT)
The General Manager, Business Intelligence reports to the Vice President, Operations and works closely with our field operations teams to create, implement and leverage business analytics and yield management projects that drive growth and revenue. S/he is responsible for analyzing complex business problems using internal and external data to provide strategic business insight, as well as identifying and interpreting data trends and producing reports. The Business Intelligence General Manager is a key leader who uses effective data analysis and people management skills to drive results and influence change across the organization.
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Increases revenue across the organization by analyzing multiple sources of data.
- Analyzes complex business problems to provide strategic and actionable business insights.
- Builds and delivers annual business intelligence and yield management strategies.
- Creates and communicates a strategic vision related to business intelligence and yield management.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders and technical experts to identify revenue enhancement opportunities and operations efficiencies.
- Creates analytics and dashboards to monitor trends and detect outliers.
- Leverages statistics to interpret business trends and recommends solutions.
- Uses technical experience to develop a long-term business intelligence strategy for the organization to remain cutting-edge.
- Develops dynamic and visual reporting that clearly communicates trends and makes logical recommendations for the future.
- Leverages strong business acumen, presentation and communication skills to create and present analysis in a relevant, consumable, meaningful and insightful ways.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses and participates in special projects as necessary.
- Manages members of the Business Intelligence team to effectively drive results, including ongoing performance management, hiring, discipline and coaching (leveraging LAZ leadership competencies).
- Maintains and manages profit and loss for Business Intelligence department and stays accountable for generating revenue based on defined objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or Economics (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of experience in a business intelligence or yield management role, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of converting large amounts of multi-faceted data into meaningful reports.
- Experience using relational database systems (data warehouse) and optimizing SQL queries.
- Strong data visualization skills and experience using various visualization tools. Experience with MS PowerBI required.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a database and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
- Detailed knowledge of IBM Cognos / TM1 is preferred, including linking of data sources, building cubes, and monitoring of chores.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Advanced MS Office user, with a particular emphasis on advanced Excel skills (look-up functions, VBA macros, complex logical statements, charts pivot tables, etc.).
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to articulate analyses to wide range of stakeholders.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mind-set with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong consultative skills.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
- LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.