Propark – Area Manager (Jacksonville, FL)
Propark America is an innovative customer service company, specializing in full and limited service parking and transportation solutions for over 500 properties across the country. We believe in a positive, collaborative environment, geared toward team member and customer experience.
Propark America is taking the lead in the rapidly growing parking industry and is expanding in all directions. In order to continue our success and growth, we need the best and the brightest working for our company. We are currently looking for an Area Manager to oversee our portfolio of locations in Jacksonville, Florida.
If you are a motivated individual interested in taking your management skills to the next level, this is the opportunity for you. Our Area Manager plays a vital role in oversight of daily operations for multiple properties and ensuring day-to-day operations in the region are adhered to and executed at each location. This position delivers company, client and customer expectations by ensuring the locations within assigned portfolio are operating in accordance to company policy. It is also responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and managing the performance of the managers and local support staff, as well as extensive client reporting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the daily operations within assigned area of responsibility perform in accordance of company policy by ensuring each location is properly staffed, and follows set opening and closing procedures.
- Leads teams, comprised of both professional and hourly workforce individuals, by sourcing candidates, ensuring onboarding and training are provided consistently, develops key talent, and is ultimately responsible for all employee status change decisions.
- Assists supervisors in handling customer service issues and day-to-day operational issues.
- Develops and maintains excellent client relations and attend client meetings.
- Reviews management reports and client statements on a consolidated basis to ensure actual financial results meet both corporate and client budgeted expectations.
- Develops annual budget and maintains fiscal responsibility by evaluating budgetary needs and reducing expenses.
- Ensures all facilities within the area of responsibility operate in accordance with company policy including revenue control, equipment maintenance, proper and accurate signage and customer service standards.
- Reviews and evaluates audits to ensure integrity of revenue control.
- Reviews incident claims, internal audit scores and Workers’ Comp trends and works with senior management and/or the Corporate Office to resolve gaps in performance.
- Minimum of 5 years of management and operational experience in the parking or hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in business preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with client focus, and an ability to work with all staff levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, and ADP.
- Experience with revenue control equipment.
- Established experience with scheduling, payroll, and creating and managing budgets.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Background in the parking and/or hotel industry in a supervisory role strongly preferred.
- Ability to source new business opportunities for company consideration is strongly desired.
- Ability to analyze and consult on technology and equipment, revenue maximization, and G&A efficiency opportunities strongly desired.
- Must have at least 5 years licensed driving experience and good driving record.
- Propark provides a collaborative environment that spawns conversation, problem-solving and great ideas. Propark encourages and values creativity at all levels, ensuring great ideas are heard.
- Propark prides itself on its ability to promote from within. We always look for talent within our company before opening a position to the public. Over 50% of our management staff started their careers with Propark in an entry-level position.
- Propark salaries are competitive with the market and are based on education, qualifications and previous experience.
- Along with our full benefit package, Propark also provides excellent incentives like bonus programs and free parking!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.