Colonial Parking – General Manager, University Division (Washington, DC)
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join our team and lead our newly established University Division! We are looking for a seasoned leader to join our high performing team overseeing the University Division of our operations portfolio. If you thrive on leading others to drive extensive sustainable growth, this may be the opportunity for you.
The General Manager, University Division, has overall responsibility to manage a portfolio comprised of a large number of locations within the university sector. This position delivers company, client and customer expectations by ensuring the locations within the portfolio are operating in accordance to company policy. This position will also oversee all managerial aspects in accordance with Company expectations, including maximization of financial performance, client satisfaction, and staff development.
Colonial Parking Culture: We Park Cars. Simple words, but they express the core of Colonial’s service mission. With more than 225 parking facilities serving office buildings, retail malls, hotels, sporting events, and hospitals, Colonial offers convenient parking for tens of thousands of Washington D.C. residents and visitors every day. Colonial honors and respects that trust, in part, by staffing our parking facilities with well-trained and dedicated employees who go out of their way to make every parking experience a valued one.
Colonial’s approach to providing great service starts with attracting the best people. We look for candidates that have a proven track record in making customers feel at home and treating their property with respect and care.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the daily operations within his/her area of responsibility perform in accordance of company policy by verifying each location is properly staffed, and follows set opening and closing procedures.
- Advises levels of operational management on issues and decisions related to location profitability, P&L responsibilities, technology, operational improvements and standard operational procedures.
- Works closely with the client and his/her decision-making body by attending (and presenting, as needed) regularly scheduled meetings, consulting on opportunities for improvement, and play a key stake holder role in operational projects.
- Leads teams, comprised of both professional and hourly workforce individuals, by sourcing candidates, ensuring onboarding and training are provided consistently, develops key talent.
- Works with senior management and client to ensure revenue opportunities are maximized from both a transient and permit parker perspective through conducting through analysis.
- Manages budget process, variance reporting, quarterly forecast, reviewing management reports on a consolidated basis to ensure financial results meet both corporate and client budgeted expectations.
- Ensures all facilities within the area of responsibility operate in accordance with company policy including revenue control, equipment maintenance, proper and accurate signage and customer service standards. Is responsible for identifying ways to operate parking facilities and subsequent internal processes for continuous improvement.
- Reviews incident claims, internal audit scores and Workers’ Comp trends and works with senior management and/or the Corporate Office to resolve gaps in performance.
- Manages and monitors communications between operations and other internal departments.
- Bachelor Degree in General Business or related field.
- Minimum of five years with operational and leadership experience in the parking or related industry, including revenue control and reporting.
- Background in managing multiple facilities across a geographic range is required.
- Established experience in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Established experience in building annual budgets, managing and reporting results, identifying and instituting changes to the business to either maximize profitability or mitigate actuals that fall below expectations.
- Excellent oral (including formal presentations) and written communications and comprehension skills, required.
- An attractive compensation (including an annual incentive program and auto allowance) and benefits package that is commensurate with your experience and expertise.
- A challenging role within an established parking management firm team with opportunities to grow your career while utilizing your expertise to serve and partner with a diverse group of clients.
- An opportunity to work with talented professionals who believe the company's success is largely built upon team collaboration, creativity, service, and fiscal responsibility.
***Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform re-employment substance abuse testing*** Employer participates in E-Verify