Propark America – Shuttle Transportation Manager (New Haven, CT)
Do you take satisfaction in orchestrating a well oiled machine of productivity within a shuttle transportation operation? Do the details matter to you, even when no one else is looking? We are seeking a rising star to oversee a prestigious university shuttle transportation operation in New Haven and Hartford. If you have 3 years of experience leading a shuttle operation and you're ready for the next step in your career, we want to talk to you.
The Shuttle Transportation Manager is responsible for hiring, training and leading the team, ensuring high levels of safety standards are met in compliance with DOT regulations, and coordinating maintenance on the fleet. You will spend most of your time in New Haven and will oversee branch campus operations in Hartford.
Propark America is one of the nation’s leading parking companies, providing full and limited service parking solutions for airports, retail centers, office buildings, medical centers, universities, municipal facilities, residential buildings and hotels. Headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, with regional offices in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Hartford, Propark operates more than 400 locations in convenient markets across the United States.
Things you love to do:
- Lead the team that makes this operation successful, including shuttle maintenance vendors, and maintenance personnel on a daily basis
- Reconcile and submit expense items, and ensure expenses are maintained within budgeted parameters
- Be a DOT regulatory guru applying everything you learn to the operation to ensure compliance and safety of all passengers and employees
- Monitor and manage shuttle fleet upkeep, preventative maintenance, and repairs
- Develop, maintain, and promote excellent client relations
- Strive to make every parking moment for each single customer the perfect parking moment
What you need to have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the transportation, bus, and/or passenger mobility services industries
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and Word skills
- Ability to work in New Haven, CT
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
What you’ll gain in return:
- Propark provides a collaborative environment that spawns conversation, problem-solving and great ideas. Propark encourages and values creativity at all levels, ensuring great ideas are heard.
- Propark prides itself on our ability to promote from within. We always look for talent within our company before opening a position to the public. Over 50% of our management staff started their careers with Propark in an entry-level position.
- Propark salaries are competitive with the market and are based on education, qualifications and previous experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.