Propark America – Area Operations Manager (Hartford, CT)
We are looking for the ideal Area Operations Manager to run our daily operations and represent our company as our customer service ambassador. Our company is a fun and progressive Parking environment where you will be able to grow a meaningful career and stamp this area of operations with your personal brand of effective leadership. If you are motivated by challenges of running a dynamic parking operation with a recognized leader in the parking world, we want to hear from you!
Propark America is one of the nation’s leading parking companies, providing full and limited service parking solutions for airports, retail centers, office buildings, medical centers, universities, municipal facilities, residential buildings and hotels. Headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, with regional offices in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Hartford, Propark operates more than 400 locations in convenient markets across the United States.
Things you love to do:
You are an operations guru who loves working with our clients, team members and direct supervisors to ensure your Area’s operations are running smoothly.
As the company’s ambassador, you represent Propark with the integrity, ethical standards and excellent customer service that we are known for throughout the industry.
You enjoy building rapport with your team to create a cohesive and effective unit that is focused on operational excellence.
Through training and hands-on assistance, you help your team handle customer complaints and manage the day-to-day details of operations.
You oversee the customer service program to ensure the team exceeds customer service expectations.
- As an organizational wizard, you organize and maintain all equipment and uniform needs, including shuttle buses, signs, key boxes, tickets, cones, jackets, etc.
- You are a Manager with an eye on the big picture who enjoys developing senior level budgets and monitoring financials to meet business goals.
- To keep a pulse on your area, you enjoy occasional short trips to operations throughout the region.
- Someone who has operations experience in the parking industry.
- Manage your teams well and you are willing to take on new challenges.
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, collaborative and decisive.
- You are accustomed to the dynamic world of parking and always ready to perform other tasks as developed and assigned by company management.
- Constantly on the lookout for new business opportunities with both existing and new clients.
- Creative and looking for a position with significant opportunity for growth.
What you need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years of management and operational experience in the parking or hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in business preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with client focus, and an ability to work with all staff levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, and ADP.
- Experience with revenue control equipment.
- Established experience with scheduling, payroll, and creating and managing budgets.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Background in the parking and/or hotel industry in a supervisory role strongly preferred.
- Ability to source new business opportunities for company consideration is strongly desired.
- Ability to analyze and consult on technology and equipment, revenue maximization, and G&A efficiency opportunities strongly desired.
- Must have at least 5 years licensed driving experience and good driving record.
What you’ll gain in return:
- Propark provides a collaborative environment that spawns conversation, problem-solving and great ideas. Propark encourages and values creativity at all levels, ensuring great ideas are heard.
- Propark prides itself on our ability to promote from within. We always look for talent within our company before opening a position to the public. Over 50% of our management staff started their careers with Propark in an entry-level position.
- Propark salaries are competitive with the market and are based on education, qualifications and previous experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.