DESIGNA USA – Vice President of Operations (Westmont, IL)
DESIGNA USA is expanding rapidly across the country and looking for the ideal VP of Operations whose management expertise will take us to the next level of operational excellence within the company. Whether it’s formulating strategies, providing innovative ideas or managing a great group of people, your contributions will improve our company’s efficiency and bottom line as we expand our footprint across the USA.
Our company operates in a respectful, constructive and dynamic environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork and innovation to ensure continual organizational and financial growth. Working out of our Chicagoland Headquarters in Westmont, IL you will help keep us in the forefront of the parking industry as a desirable company to work for, one marked by operations, administrative and management excellence.
As a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to our CEO, you will have the opportunity to stamp a fast-growing company with your own vision and strategy for superior operations. If this sounds like something in your wheelhouse and ignites your passion for achieving operational excellence, read on!
DESIGNA Access Corporation is the North American subsidiary of a large European Group that develops, manufactures, and installs fully automated parking access and revenue control system solutions. DESIGNA USA goes to market through both direct sales and distribution channels, and provides design, turn-key system implementation, training, and ongoing support services to our car park management clients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Things You Love To Do
- Be a leader and help make a great business even greater by providing day-to-day management expertise for our leading sales and service company in the parking industry;
- Manage talented people and strengthen our processes to achieve our key values of integrity, hard work and phenomenal success across the organization;
- Act as DESGINA’s brand ambassador for a company that is dedicated to customer service, innovation, and sales growth;
- Be the point person responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, business goals and objectives;
- A lover of Moneyball Analytics, you relish the challenge of creating pinpoint metrics and measuring the effectiveness of internal and external processes and programs;
- Ensure the delivery of timely, accurate and incisive reports on operating conditions to help guide the strategic planning and future growth of the company;
- Help accelerate our rapid organizational growth through collaboration with the senior management team. You will help formulate strategies and implement plans to improve the systems, processes, and personnel of our expanding company infrastructure;
- Build, motivate and coach a team of extraordinary performers for your operations management team, a team that will act as a magnet to attract even more superior talent. And your recruiting and retention efforts will ensure this executive team is always an effective and high-performing unit;
- Provide insights to the CEO in the form of data-rich reports on the performance, challenges and opportunities you identify in the operations department;
- Act as DESIGNA’s brand ambassador with outside vendors to turn those relationships into long-term, value-added partnerships.
Who You Are
- An Operations wizard who loves devising innovative processes and creating new solutions to solve challenges in a constantly evolving and growing organization;
- A dedicated, hard-working advocate for DESIGNA’s superior products who wants to help bolster the company’s leading position in the parking industry;
- Passionate about a positive company culture, you help foster a success-oriented, accountable environment where everyone wins through teamwork, cooperation and professional growth;
- A champion of knowledge-sharing and mentoring, you go the extra mile to promote the career development for all colleagues on your team.
What You Need To Have
- Exceptional communicator with an ability to manage and communicate effectively;
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- Excellence in designing and leading high stakes projections to completion;
- Experience in achieving financial, operational, programmatic and team results;
- Experience in strategic planning, development and performance/operations metrics;
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Support, etc.;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office;
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities;
- Proven experience as a Vice President-Operations or a similar role;
- A track record of operational excellence, with a strong understanding of diverse business functions;
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a senior operational role or other relevant position;
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field;
- MSc/MBA is a plus;
- German language skills highly beneficial.
What You Will Gain In Return
- DESIGNA Access Corporation offers a competitive salary, industry leading benefits including Health, Dental, 401K, PTO, and a Vehicle Allowance.
- Personal support and relationships are what count for us. We value people with character who can help our team to move forward: qualifications, personality and team skills sum up DESIGNA's employees.
- We have a presence on every continent but at the same time have remained down to earth and flexible. We cultivate open communication and work towards constructive solutions.