Golden State Warriors – Director of Transportation and Parking (San Francisco, CA)
The Golden State Warriors are looking for the ideal Parking and Transportation expert to lead the intricate operations of our team’s new home at the state-of-the-art Chase Center in the heart of San Francisco! This is an exciting move for our NBA Championship team, and this critical hire will be a key player to ensure we provide an unparalleled experience to all clients, guests, and patrons of our 11-acre complex.
If you are a strong and dynamic Parking/Transportation leader looking for an opportunity to stamp a new, world-class facility with your own brand of innovation, management and creativity, then read on!
This newly created role requires a Director of Transportation & Parking with deep, strategic expertise to lead the pre-opening planning process, manage the implementation of the project through launch, and provide long-range leadership to guide our operations deep into the future. From planning and staffing to budgeting and revenue/expense management, you will be the point person for all things Parking and Transport in our new home.
The art of collaboration will be key to success in this position in order to effectively operate the on-site 950 space parking garage, and partner with off-site surface lots and parking garage owners, operators, and aggregators to meet the requirements for additional event parking. Your expert collaboration skills will serve as you partner with a large and diverse group of internal and external partners including GSW business leaders, arena management teams, clients, retail and office partners, city and state agencies, and the surrounding residential and business communities.
Another paramount goal is to ensure safe and efficient access for all modes of transportation, including private automobiles, public transit, bicycles, walking, shuttles, taxis and ride-sharing companies. Working closely with the VP of Security and COO, you will also partner with various city agencies and third parties to execute the company’s obligations under the Transportation Management Plan (TMP).
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your deep Operations expertise, and make a huge contribution to our growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization as we look to extend our winning ways both on the court and off the court.
This is a full-time position and is based in San Francisco, CA.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Things You Love To Do
- You are an Operations guru who loves the challenge of leading a complex Parking/Transportation enterprise in a major city environment, including on-site garage operations for event, non-event, retail, office tower, and valet parking
- Build and coach a team of extraordinary employees (union, non-union, administrative) that acts as a cohesive unit focused on common goals of superior customer service, efficient operations and effective teamwork
- Identify new parking locations around Chase Center among nearby parking resources (i.e. AT&T) and other parking lots and garages; then skillfully negotiate and establish partnerships with these nearby owners, tenants, parking operators and aggregators to help coordinate the operations of these new resources.
- Act as GSW brand Ambassador for Chase Center Operations, representing the organization at the Mission Bay/Ballpark Transportation Coordination Committee, conferences and other industry-related events
- Lead project sponsor obligations in the Monitoring, Refinement and Performance Standard requirements under the TMP and all transportation related requirements in the project’s Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP)
- Be an advocate for sustainability to develop and execute marketing, communications and incentive programs that guide tenants and employees to support sustainable trip making to the event center; obtain buy-in from appropriate internal departments to help coordinate and expand these green transportation efforts
- Trend analyses, forecasting and reporting are all activities you relish to help improve the bottom line, including the management of capital and parking operational budgets, all revenue transactions, and cash management and deposits
- Innovate, innovate, innovate to continually improve daily and event day vehicle traffic control management; and through your own research and industry wide contacts, you will always be on top of the latest trends, technologies and methods to improve traffic management
- Create long-term partnerships with outside vendors and manage these third-party service providers to insure stellar customer experience; identify and apply operating strategies to reduce friction points among these partnerships
- Document where any words on paper or in digital format can help you achieve world-class customer service, operations excellence, and team building success, such as creating standard operating policies and procedures, training manuals or process improvements documents
Who You Are
- Parking and transportation guru who loves working with internal partners to integrate technology into smart phone apps and websites to promote transit, expand programs for pre-purchase of parking, increase access to real-time transit information and advise on suggested path of travel
- Champion of alternative modes of transportation, such as the SF Bicycle Coalition where you will help manage bicycle strategies including operation of bike valet; also lead coordination efforts with SFMTA on developing incentives around use of public transportation
- Huge fan of internal collaboration who will facilitate partnerships with HR to develop strategies for employee public transit and parking
- Stickler for security to ensure a safe work environment by implementing and improving the Chase Center risk management program
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business Administration or related field
- 5 years of experience in the parking industry with a minimum of 2 years of working knowledge of parking control systems
- People management experience required
- Experience working with security, event services, production, operations and finance departments preferred
- Computer experience with Windows, Excel, Word, and other standard applications
- Ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide feedback
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic work environment while meeting multiple conflicting deadlines
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with partners at all levels within the organization; ability to navigate inter-departmentally and achieve results
- Demonstrated confidence and decision-making abilities
- Available nights, weekend and holidays
What You Will Gain In Return
- We are committed to offering a comprehensive benefits package to keep team members and their families happy and healthy. Our programs are designed with their wellness as our priority, while keeping their costs down.
- This includes deeply discounted health coverage, health and financial wellness, and unique employee perks. Aside from the competitive health plans, team members receive two tickets to all regular-season home games, discounts at the Warriors team stores, and game day giveaways.
- We consider our employees to be team members, and refer to them as such. We are more than just a company or a basketball team - the work we do is impactful.
- We exemplify the unique spirit of the Bay Area as innovators both on and off the court. We are one organization with one purpose, chasing history one goal at a time. Become a member of our team today!
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.