Colonial Parking – Senior Networking and Information Systems Engineer (Washington DC)
Use your technology support experience and systems infrastructure abilities in this dynamic management role! Colonial Parking is seeking a Senior Networking and Information Systems Engineer to support the company’s network and systems infrastructure for both Colonial's customer-facing and internally-facing systems.
As a member of Colonial's Information Technology department, you will perform a wide variety of technical support activities to maintain and ensure a reliable, secure, and high performing systems infrastructure environment. Don’t miss this opportunity to become part of an established parking management team! You will have opportunities to grow your career while utilizing your expertise to serve and partner with a diverse group of clients. Are you ready to advance your technology career? Apply today!
Colonial Parking Culture: We Park Cars. Simple words, but they express the core of Colonial’s service mission. With more than 225 parking facilities serving office buildings, retail malls, hotels, sporting events, and hospitals, Colonial offers convenient parking for tens of thousands of Washington D.C. residents and visitors every day. Colonial honors and respects that trust, in part, by staffing our parking facilities with well-trained and dedicated employees who go out of their way to make every parking experience a valued one.
Colonial’s approach to providing great service starts with attracting the best people. We look for candidates that have a proven track record in making customers feel at home and treating their property with respect and care.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Things You Love To Do
- Resolve IT infrastructure issues - AD, Servers, workstations, SQL Server, Firewalls, Networking, Security, VPN, Storage, Backups/Restores
- Resolve garage infrastructure issues - Servers, Firewalls, Connectivity, Security, VPN, Intercoms, Cameras
- Configure, deploy and maintain firewalls, switches, and wireless access points
- Deploy patches across entire IT infrastructure – servers, workstations, network devices
- Review security logs from servers, firewalls, switches, and address errors as needed
- Review and adjust monitoring and alerting rules across IT infrastructure
- Maintain and Administer SQL Server DB environment
- Execute DB maintenance tasks (indexing, space management, integrity, update statistics, backups, log clearing, etc.)
- Configure and maintain monitoring tools such as Kaseya and PRTG
- Execute SQL to resolve system issues and respond to user requests for changes to core applications
- Create and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures
- Administer Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Administer Office 365 environment
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar
- At least 5 years professional work equivalent
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or progress towards MCITP is a plus and preferred
- Experience working with parking industry specific technologies such as Paris, Geneva, PARCS systems preferred but not required
Key Technical Skills:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2010, 2016 with Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Routers and routing protocols
- Firewalls and security concepts
- Backup software applications
- VMware and other virtualization applications
- SQL Server
- Monitoring software
- Remote support applications
- Network Security Audits
- Telecommunications / VoIP
- SAN storage technologies (ISCSI)
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 6 & 7
- Dell and HP Workstation/Server Hardware
- Patch Management
- Technical Helpdesk
What You’ll Gain In Return
- An attractive compensation and benefits package that is commensurate with your experience and expertise.
- A challenging role within an established organization with opportunities to grow your career while utilizing your expertise to serve and partner with a diverse group of employees.
- An opportunity to work with talented professionals who believe the company's success is largely built upon team collaboration, creativity, service, and fiscal responsibility.
***Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform re-employment substance abuse testing***
Employer participates in E-Verify