ABM – General Manager of Parking (Minneapolis, MN)
ABM is looking for the ideal General Manager of Parking whose management expertise will take us to the next level of operational excellence at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. Whether it’s formulating strategies, providing innovative ideas or managing a great group of people, your contributions will improve our efficiency and bottom line leading our Operations at this dynamic Airport.
As a key member of the management team, reporting directly to our Regional Vice President, you will have the opportunity to manage a $80+ Million in Parking Revenue at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport, and stamp it with your own vision and strategy for superior operations. If this sounds like something in your wheelhouse and ignites your passion for achieving operational excellence, read on!
ABM is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and more than 130,000 employees in 350+ offices throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include janitorial, electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes – from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Things You Love To Do
- Show off your superior management chops by ensuring day-to-day Airport Parking operations are managed in accordance with company policy, the operation is staffed with superior personnel, all parking financials are accurately monitored, and future opportunities for revenue enhancement are identified and acted on.
- Leverage your vast knowledge of Parking technologies, innovative processes and PARCS to help transform the Airport Parking facilities into dynamic and efficient operations that continually impress our client and enhance the customer experience.
- Deliver top-notch customer service, ensuring Airport Parking operations meet or exceed client expectations consistently. Create supporting action plans and conduct operational review meetings as needed to meet these customer service goals.
- Create and coach great teams of engaged employees (100+ reports) that includes a union workforce. You love recruiting those ideal team members, and then making sure they get the best on-boarding and training so they can hit the ground running.
- You are ultimately responsible for developing key talent by ensuring consistently high performance across the team and managing revenue accountability for all. This includes unannounced inspections to observe and evaluate performance of the team in meeting customer service standards and contractual obligations.
- Budgeting, analytics and reporting are all in your wheelhouse, whether you are reviewing management reports, landowner statements, P&L sheets or staffing reports, you love to ensure actual financial results meet both corporate and client budgeted expectations. You also enjoy working with senior management and client representatives to ensure revenue opportunities are maximized.
- Maintain close and proper liaison with the Airport Parking Manger or duly designated representative to ensure close working relationships and open communications on day-to-day operational issues.
- You run a tight ship across all Airport Parking Ops to ensure everything follows company policy including revenue control, equipment maintenance, proper and accurate signage and ABM’s world-class customer service standards. You are also a stickler for security and safety standards.
Who You Are
- A passionate Ambassador of ABM, who represents the company among Airport representatives, partners and the public according to the company’s guiding principles of innovation, world-class customer service and superior parking operations.
- A strong leader and champion of collaboration, you excel at coaching extraordinary people so your team acts as a cohesive unit focused on common goals of superior customer service, teamwork and success. You know how to partner with Union leadership and enforce CBA’s.
- A lover of Moneyball Analytics, you relish the challenge of creating pinpoint metrics and data-rich reports to help guide the strategic planning and future growth of Airport Parking.
- An Operations wizard who loves devising innovative processes and creating new solutions to solve challenges in a constantly evolving Parking Operations environment. You also know how to evaluate and approve the best materials and services for use in Airport Parking operations.
What You Need To Have
- College degree or similar work experience required.
- Five (5) years of day to day executive management experience at a comparable size airport parking operation.
- Five (5) or more years of management experience
- Three (3) or more years of budgeting, expense control and scheduling experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
What You’ll Gain In Return
- An attractive compensation and incentive program, a generous vacation and paid holiday package, and a highly regarded benefits package.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.